It is now just 90 days until the General Election on Thursday 7th May 2015. Yesterday (February 5th) Prime Minister David Cameron and Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne were in Yorkshire to set out six commitments to ensure a better future for the residents of Holme Valley, Colne Valley & Lindley.
1. Increase the size of the Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire economy by an extra £13 billion in real terms by 2030, equivalent to over £2,000 per person.
2. Raise the employment rate of Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire so that there are over 100,000 more people in employment here during the next Parliament.
3. Deliver at least £6.4 billion of investment in transport in Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire.
4. Back the core strengths of Yorkshire’s and Northern Lincolnshire’s economy.
5. Raise the quality of life in Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire.
6. Devolve greater powers to the great cities and counties of Yorkshire.
For more information please click here.