It’s just 1 week to go until the General Election on Thursday 7th May. We’re into the final push and Jason and his team have been out all over Holme Valley, Colne Valley & Lindley to ensure that Jason is re-elected as our Member of Parliament.
If you would like to be a part of the team that gets Jason re-elected please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason is delighted the Chancellor George Osborne has announced that under Conservative plans the first 100 days of the new Parliament will be geared towards Yorkshire.
- The spending review will commit to investing £6.4 billion in better transport across Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire including:
- expanding the M62 to a four lane smart motorway between Leeds and Manchester
- upgrading the A1 in Yorkshire to motorway
- improving the A61, by dualling it between the A616 roundabout and junction 36 of the M1
- improving the A628 with new climbing lanes
- improving the A160 and A180 near Immingham port
- electrifying the rail line from Hull to Selby
- building the northern rail hub to speed up journeys in Yorkshire
- freezing rail fares for five years to benefit travelers in Yorkshire
- developing plans for 140 mph running on the East Coast line, to allow faster connections to and from Yorkshire
- developing plans for a new high speed East-West rail line across the north
- going ahead with construction of HS2 – this will speed up journeys between Yorkshire and the rest of the country, and remove the threat that HS2 to Yorkshire would be cancelled under an Ed Miliband / Scottish Nationalist government
- We will sign off plans to scrap the old Pacer trains and invest in new trains for Yorkshire through new northern rail franchises.
- Drawing up a bill for jobs and apprenticeships – starting a drive to recruit 360,000 new apprentices in Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire by the end of the Parliament.
- Starting talks with Local Enterprise Partnerships in Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire on creation of new Enterprise Zones, including new Zones in Dewsbury, Halifax, Colne Valley, Keighley, Scarborough, Harrogate, and other towns and cities.