Jason has welcomed today’s Queen’s Speech that will deliver the pledges of the Conservative manifesto. It sets out a vision for a country of security and opportunity for everyone in Holme Valley, Colne Valley and Lindley.
One of Jason’s main priorities is supporting local businesses who will benefit from the Northern Powerhouse which is at the heart of this Government’s plans.
Amongst the other Bills are:
- A Bill to increase the tax free allowance to ensure people working 30 hours a week on the minimum wage will not pay any income tax and deliver a five-year tax lock that will mean there will be no income tax, VAT or National Insurance rises in this Parliament.
- A Bill to deliver an in/out referendum on Britain’s membership of the European Union by the end of 2017.
- A Bill to control immigration by limiting access to public services, taking action against employers who don’t play by the rules and removing more people with no right to be here.
- A Bill to give families where parents are working an entitlement to 30 hours a week of free childcare for 3-4 year olds for 38 weeks a year.
- A Bill to ensure that a seven-days a week NHS, prioritising patient access to all services such as GPs, hospitals and social care. Investment into the NHS will be increased by £8bn a year by 2020.